Wednesday, December 14, 2011

More Isle of Aud

I know it appears I'm addicted to the Isle of Aud stamps, ok maybe.  I really wanted to use the images in a more realisitic way with less fantasy coloring. 

Here is my list of products:


Basic Instructions: All of the mottled backgrounds were created by applying Distress ink directly to
my craft mat (aluminum foil works too), spraying it with water and dipping my paper in multiple times until I got the look I wanted.  I colored the giraffe and elephant with Marvy Le Plume Permanent markers.  The rainbow crackle background in the 3 rectangles beneath the elephant and the were created by stamping the flagstone background in VersaMark on Kromekote CS.  After this I brayered ink from a rainbow Kaleidacolor ink pads (same one used to stamp the squiggles border below the rectangles) over the flagstone image, which resisted the ink. 

The only other tricky technique here is the out of the box die cut around the elephant.  We have a tutorial on how to do this with Nestabilities dies: Out of the Box Die Cutting.

2 comments:

  1. These animal stamps are so cool! What detail. I like your out of the box technique; I've never tried that yet. I think you are brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips on the out of box die cutting. Love the whimsical nature of these images. Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete